If you have read Shattered Image, you know that I was bullied severely over my weight in high school. I was even physically assaulted. I am well aware of the problems bullying can cause when it happens and later in life. For me, there were eating disorders, steroid, drug and alcohol addiction , clinical depression, and a near suicide attempt. When I was growing up, there was no such thing as bullying awareness. There was no internet. There were no school resources. I bottled it up inside and hoped for the best. We have come so far since then but there is still a long ways to go awareness and prevention wise. I want to do my part.
In support of National BULLYING PREVENTION MONTH which runs the month of October I am pleased to announce the FIRST ANNUAL SHATTERED IMAGE ESSAY CONTEST. Tell me what bullying awareness means to you personally. Email your essay to me. I will choose three winners.
Grand Prize: Two Platinum Seats to a select Dallas Mavericks Game.
Second Prize: Two Upper Level Seats to a select Dallas Mavericks Game.
Third Prize and Fourth Prizes Autographed copies of my Best Selling Book, Shattered Image.
In addition, I will donate the 2x the proceeds of all online Paperback and Kindle royalties of Shattered Image for the month of October and November to a Non-Profit Bullying Awareness Organization in the name of all the prize winners.
The contest starts now! Tell me what Bullying Awareness Means to You And Your Plan To Increase it. Send It to me by email only at email@example.com. You can do it in an email or attach a scanned handwritten entry. Please see all contest rules below.
1) Sweepstakes open to residents of US ONLY, Must be 18 years of age or older BUT parents can submit essays written by their children. The prize will be awarded to the parents.
(2) While I hope you purchase a copy of Shattered Image to support Bullying Prevention Month, no purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
(3) Maximum essay length 750 words. No essays over 750 words will be considered.
(3) To enter, send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries will be accepted by email only. Your entry is not valid unless you receive a return email that it has been received. Start date of promotion is the time stamp of the posting of this blog. Entries must be received by October 31, 2104 at 8PM Central Time. One entry per person. One entry per family. Winners will be the best essays chosen solely by me and in my sole discretion. Winners will will be notified by December 1, 2013. (I need time to read all the great essays). In the event the winner cannot be contacted or declines the prize another winner will be chosen by me as a replacement at my sole discrestion. Winners will have seven days to respond to the email from me that they have won. The only notification will be by email.
(4) Tickets are for select games to be chosen by CubanSpeaks LLC and Brian Cuban at their sole discretion. Winner is not guaranteed any specific game in the 2013-14 season. Cuban Speaks LLC and Brian Cuban will make reasonable efforts to accommodate game conflicts. Prize is the tickets only. Winner is responsible for all other costs associated with game attendance including but not limited to travel, food, parking.
(5) Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the prize, unless otherwise indicated. No substitution or cash equivalent except at the Brian Cuban’s and CubanSpeaks LLC’s option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
(7) Approximate retail value of prize(s) is: $300
(9) A list of winners can be obtained by writing Cuban Speaks LLC , 2909 Taylor Street, Dallas, TX 75226.
(10) By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify Cubanspeaks LLC and Brian Cuban, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
(11) In consideration for being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, except where prohibited by law, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Cubanspeaks LLC and Brian Cuban., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, except where prohibited by law.
(12) Contest void where prohibited.
(13) This contest is not connected to or endorsed in any way by the Dallas Mavericks. Grand Prize Winner does not get to meet my brother, players or any of that other stuff you might ask. THE TICKETS ONLY.
(14) Donation to charity will be made at such time as I am provided with an accounting of online sales from Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Winners will be notified at such time as the donation is made and for how much.