(Dallas) The 4th annual Dallas Mavericks Foundation Tux and Tennies Gala was held at the new Ritz Carlton Hotel in Dallas Texas. The event was sponsored by the Stanford Private Wealth Management Group. The event was a huge success with over Five Hundred Thousand Dollars being raised for the foundation. Four representative grant recipients were on hand to talk about their grants. The grant recipients were:
1. Texas Scottish Rite Hospital-Received funding to purchase adapted daily living and mobility equipment.
2. Vogel Alcove-Received funding for their play therapy for homeless children
3. YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth-received finding for their “New Lives/New Beginnings Childcare Program.
4. Spirit Horse Therapeutic Riding Center-Received Funding for horseback riding lessons and scholarships for children with disabilities.
5. Community Partners of Dallas-Received funding to help stock their “Rainbow Room” which serves more than 6,000 youth annually ages 0-17.
6. The Family Place-received funding with new playground equipment.
7. Kidney Texas-received funding for Camp Reynal at Camp John Marc in Meridian, Tx
The event was emceed by Dallas Mavericks guard Jason “The Jet Is On the Runway” Terry who proved that there is a network job waiting for him when his career has ended. All of the Dallas Mavericks players were in attendance. Also in attendance were Todd Wagner, former Broadcast.com partner of Mark Cuban and head honcho of 2929 Entertainment. Todd is also a philanthropist in his own right through The Todd Wagner Foundation. Also in attendance were former Dallas Mavs Eric Strickland, Rolando Blackman and Popeye Jones. There was a hilarious live auction in which some very cool prizes were auctioned off including a full size Swarovski Crystal Basketball which I don’t think the new owner will be dribbling anytime soon, an evening with Jerry and Ramira Stackhouse at Dean Fearing’s Restaurant followed by a night at the Dallas Ritz Carlton, an MVP basketball clinic with MVP Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd and assistant coach Joe Prunty. Who knows, someone may get discovered and get to sleepover in front of their new locker….
Finally, Dr. Gary Tylock won the contest for the coolest original Mavs tennis shoes (although suspicions were rampant throughout the ballroom that he had some help) Conspiracy theorists will be speculating for years to come…..
A great time for many great causes. More to come next year…..
You can view pictures on my Facebook page.